May 11, 2013

Congratulations to My Older Sister!

Surprise! There's a second post for today!

This one is special because it features my older sister, who recently graduated! I gave her a manicure today, inspired by the UP Sablay. The UP Sablay is worn by graduates of the University of the Philippines during the recognition ceremonies. Below is a picture of her wearing it on the day of her graduation!

From left to right: My mom, my sister, and me. Photo taken by my dad.

This is my first time doing detailed nail art on someone else's nails. Below are the pictures of my sister's mani!


The base is 2 coats of a combination of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Cinna-snap and Revlon White on White.


I freehanded the design using paint brushes of various sizes (one of which is my favorite paint brush, of course).


The yellow is The Face Shop YL702. The green is a combination of The Face Shop GR502, Art Club Green, Revlon Posh, and Honey Sweet Super Pearl Nail Polish in dark green. The blue is Revlon Colorstay Indigo Night.


I applied a good amount of top coat and then it was done!


Woohoo, so freaking proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...