May 2, 2013

Polish Days: The Number 5



Hello! I just moved in from jasmine-isabelle.tumblr.com. I'm gonna start off this blog with my first Polish Days mani!

There are infinitely many possibilities with this month's theme, "The Number 5." I'm excited to see how the others interpreted it! The first thing that came up in my head when I saw that number was a certain band, so I took a peek at all their album artwork. I chose the one on the cover of their latest album.

http://www.writtenmelodies.com

So here's what I came up with, inspired by Maroon 5's Overexposed!









The base on the thumb is a combination of Revlon Colorstay Indigo Night, The Face Shop PP403, and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Lavender Cloud. On the index finger and the pinky is a combination of FACE it YL70 and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Lavender Cloud. On the middle finger is Revlon Plum Seduction and on the ring finger is Diana Manicure 1401. The design was done freehand using a really thin paint brush.

Here's a list of all of the polishes used:
  • Diana Manicure 1401
  • FACE it YL70
  • OPI He's My Boo
  • Pupa Lasting Color N 265
  • Revlon Colorstay Indigo Night
  • Revlon Lunar
  • Revlon Plum Seduction
  • Revlon Really Rosy
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Lavender Cloud
  • Sasatinnie Rose
  • The Face Shop GR506
  • The Face Shop PP402
  • The Face Shop PP403

Check out the other interpretations of the theme!



26 comments:

  1. Oh this is badass! Look at that detail!! :D well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Amanda! Thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  2. OHMYGOSH this is so coooooool! =)) Hi jasmine, please do my nails soon! =))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kat! Sure, next time we have a reunion! :D

      Delete
  3. this is amazing!!!!!

    Ariel
    [Lacquer: The Best Medicine!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! looks amazing!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so talented! Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Ishah! Aww, thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  6. This is amazing! I love the detail work...definitely subscribing to your blog. So many times I see amazing detail and read to find it was done with acrylic paint - I want to do that close detail work with lacquer, so it makes me excited to see that you're managing it! Can we see what the brush you use for those thin lines looks like? Any tips for getting your lines that thin? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Iroshi! Thank you so much! Sure, I'll make a post about it soon, along with some tips! :D

      Delete
  7. Love the nail art! However, the lack of contrast between your back ground & your words along with the small size makes it difficult for my old eyes to read what you've writen. If you increased your point size, it would help a alot. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you so much! I'm currently having some problems with applying the changes in the text size and color but hopefully, that will be fixed soon! Thank you for telling me and helping me improve this blog! :D

      Delete
  8. VERY cool! Maroon 5 was on my list too, but I never would have pulled it off so well! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are absolutely stunning! Love love love!

    Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing! I admire your skill. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mihaela! Thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  11. So awesome! I love Maroon 5 & that album!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah Lou! You have great taste in music! Thank you! :D

      Delete
  12. Lisa, Geordie NailsJanuary 19, 2014 at 2:57 AM

    Whoah your art skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...