May 15, 2013

The 31-Day Nail Challenge: Day 12 - Stripes

Today's theme is Stripes! I got my inspiration from my striped CMG purse!



I started with 2 coats of Revlon Colorstay Bare Bones. After letting that dry completely, I taped off the tips and started painting the stripes using the brushes that came with the polish.


I used Revlon Fashionista, The Face Shop WH002 with FACE it WH002 (white crackle polish) on top, FACE it GL112 with FACE it BK901 (black crackle polish) on top, OPI He's My Boo with Sassy Colors Orange (orange crackle polish) on top, and FACE it BR802.


Next, I did the detail on the tips using a toothpick with FACE it BR802 and Revlon Colorstay Bare Bones.


Then, I mattified the look with Sasatinnie Magic Matte Top Coat!


Lastly, I outlined the stripes with The Face Shop BK901 and added the gold dot with FACE it GL112 and FACE it BR802. And it was done! I skipped the final layer of top coat to keep the semi-3D look and to keep some parts matte and some parts shiny. See you for the next theme!

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, this is fantastic! Very detailed, great job <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is brilliant! You nailed it. (Pun totally intended).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! That's actually one of my favorite puns. :)) Thank you! :D

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is amazing, you did so well in capturing all the different textures :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...