May 29, 2013

The 31-Day Nail Challenge: Day 19 - Galaxies

It's Day 18 and the theme is Galaxies! I strayed away from the typical galaxy manicure and went with something I've never used on my nails before - loose glitter!

Not just average loose glitter, though. It's holographic star glitter!



I painted 2 coats of the nameless Sasatinnie polish I used in one of the jelly sandwiches the other day. I painted the third coat one nail at a time because that layer acted as the glue for the glitter.


As you can see, I went all the way and did full nail bling! I used a toothpick dipped in water to pick up the stars and to stick them on my nails. It wasn't as time-consuming as I thought it would be to complete the mani!


I topped the mani off with one layer of top coat just to secure the stars and to make sure that they don't start coming off one by one throughout the day. I didn't add more layers to get a smooth finish and to get rid of all the bumps since I didn't mind that it was 3D. They just kind of felt like nail studs (though I've never actually tried nail studs before).


And that one layer of top coat was enough! It's nighttime now and they're all still intact.


Well, that's all for today's mani. See you tomorrow for the next theme!

2 comments:

  1. wow!!!! This is something completely different and absolutely amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...