May 6, 2013

The 31-Day Nail Challenge: Day 3 - Yellow Nails

Yellow, there! It's Day 3! I was trying to think outside the box because I wanted to paint an eye-catching design, when something caught my eye. And wouldn't you know it, it happens to be the outside of a box!



I started off with 3 thin coats of The Face Shop YL702. Two coats would have been fine because the visible nail line would be covered up anyway, but I still went with 3 just to make the color more solid.


After letting that dry completely, I taped off the upper half of my nails, grabbed my striper , and started striping away!


I used Arezia in teal, Orly Retro Red, Revlon Really Rosy, Revlon Sassy, The Face Shop GR502, and The Face Shop PP403. To minimize polish wastage, I striped one color at a time on all of my nails instead of working on one nail at a time like I usually do with freehanded nail art.


After I painted the last line, I peeled the tape away to reveal that crisp line between the yellow and the stripes. Lastly, I topped it all off with two coats of top coat to pump up the gloss!


See you tomorrow for the next color of the rainbow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...