May 12, 2013

The 31-Day Nail Challenge: Day 9 - Rainbow Nails

Today's Rainbow Nails day! 

I wanted to paint something that's also related to Mother's Day to make it special, but my brain wasn't coming up with anything other than straightforward designs. So I just painted my nails white, grabbed my favorite paint brush, and put a few blobs of red polish on a piece of paper (because I planned to follow the order of the colors of the rainbow so I could at least have something to start with). 

I stared at my blank canvas for a while, but still, nothing. My eyes wandered off to the piece of paper with the polish blobs. Which look a lot like a certain candy. That's when something came to my mind. A dialogue. From a movie I watched a decade ago. It was from What A Girl Wants. Amanda Bynes' mom in the movie said, "I love you a million Swedish Fish," and Amanda Bynes replied with, "I love you a million red M&M's." 

Really, brain? You can remember that but you can't remember what you had for lunch the other day?!

But yeah, I went with the red (plus orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet) M&M's because 
  1. I've never tasted the other candy before, 
  2. the M&M's line was said by the daughter, and 
  3. M for Mommy! 

I did a similar mani before, on my Tumblr page. But anyway, on to today's mani!



I started with 1 coat of Revlon White on White.


Once that dried (it didn't take long because it was just one coat), I got my dotting tool and placed the candy on my nails one color at a time.

I used the following polishes:

  • The Face Shop RD302
  • The Face Shop OR202
  • The Face Shop YL702
  • The Face Shop GR502
  • The Face Shop BL602
  • Revlon Colorstay Indigo Night
  • The Face Shop PP403



I freehanded each M with Revlon White on White. Last step was to apply a layer of top coat to give the design that sweet candy gloss!


Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there, especially to my Mommy, whom I love more than all the M&M's in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...