June 1, 2013

The 31-Day Nail Challenge: Day 22 - Inspired by a Song

It's Day 22 and the theme is Inspired by a Song! My song choice is Bruno Mars' Just the Way You Are because I like the animation in the music video, with the broken cassette tape and all. And it's a good song.

On to the pictures!



I started with 2 coats of Sasatinnie Rose, a light beige creme. Once that dried, I used my favorite paint brush to freehand the design with FACE it BR802.


It feels like it's been a while since I've done any lettering practice so I'm glad I was able to do so in this mani! I put the song title on the thumb, a bell on the index finger, the girl's eyes (which make the stars look like they're not shining, ooooh ) on the middle finger, the broken cassette tape on the ring finger, and some piano keys on the pinky.


I tried to make the design look more sketchy by putting a little of the beige creme on the brush and then running it numerous times over the brown lines lightly and quickly.


I mattified the entire mani with Sasatinnie Magic Matte Top Coat, and it was done!

Stay tuned for the next theme!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...