June 2, 2013

The 31-Day Nail Challenge: Day 23 - Inspired by a Movie

Today's Day 22 and the theme is Inspired by a Movie! If you've read this post, you may have already guessed which movie I would be doing for today - Despicable Me!

I did something a little different from the usual character mani done on this challenge day because I watched the teaser trailer for Despicable Me 2 (with the minions singing the banana/potato song) and now I can't get it out of my head. So I wrote the lyrics all over my nails.



The base is 2 coats of a white creme. I used The Face Shop WH002.


I applied a layer of Sasatinnie Magic Matte Top Coat before proceeding to painting the design to minimize the number of smudges when I apply the final layer of matte top coat. I could have used regular top coat for this step, but meh, the matte top coat was already on my table.


I then grabbed the usual brush I use for lettering and wrote the lyrics using Caronia Tangerine. Caronia is actually a local polish brand! I saw Tangerine on my friend's nails and they looked gorgeous so I immediately tried to find it! It's a nice tangerine orange cross between a creme and a jelly.


I applied the final layer of matte top coat and it was done! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...