June 6, 2013

The 31-Day Nail Challenge: Day 27 - Inspired by Artwork

Today's theme is Inspired by Artwork! The first painting that came up in my mind was Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, so I went with that! Of course, I can't recreate the painting on my nail perfectly, or even come up with something close, so I just made a (very very very) loose rendition!



I started with two thin coats of Revlon Muse (how fitting!), an olive-gray creme. Once that dried completely, I grabbed a make-up sponge to create the gray gradient. (This is the first time I've done a proper gradient! The mani I did for Gradient day was a bit different from the traditional look.) I used China Glaze Concrete Catwalk, Sasatinnie Blackberry, and Revlon Bare Bones.


I mattified the gradient nails with Sasatinnie Magic Matte Top Coat. Once the top coat was touch-dry (it's a matte top coat so it only took around 10 seconds), I started working on the accent nail.


I used paintbrushes of various sizes. I did the outline first with Arezia in black. Then, I filled in the shapes with FACE it BR802 (brown creme for the hair), Revlon Bare Bones (beige creme for the skin), and China Glaze Concrete Catwalk (gray creme for the clothes). Next, I added the details with Arezia in black and China Glaze Concrete Catwalk (I used the gray creme for the finer lines). Lastly, I added a layer of matte top coat!


That's all for today! See you tomorrow!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...