June 9, 2013

The 31-Day Nail Challenge: Day 30 - Inspired by a Tutorial

Today's Day 30! The theme is Inspired by a Tutorial. I chose a camouflage nail art tutorial by my favorite nail blogger, Sarah from Chalkboard Nails!



She used black, white, yellow, and green in the tutorial, but she has already done a mani using the conventional colors before. I went with the conventional color combo for today!


I just followed her tutorial to achieve the look. I used a paintbrush and the following polishes:
  • Revlon Muse (I used 2 coats for the base)
  • Revlon Posh and Arezia in black (I combined the two to get a dark green. I have a dark green polish, but it's a shimmer. Shimmery camouflage print seems pretty funny.)
  • Revlon Colorstay Bare Bones, Sasatinnie Blackberry, and Sasatinnie Q47 (I combined the 3 to get the right shade of brown.)
  • Color Combos CBL115


I added 5 gold stars to amp up the military feel!


I applied a layer of top coat to secure the stars and to smooth out the design. And the mani was done! See you tomorrow for the last challenge prompt!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...