May 12, 2014

BMO's Buttons

Hey there! What's new? I just created a Facebook page! Check out the link in the sidebar if you want to go and have a look. 

I have some nail art for today. It's been a while since I've last done some freehand painting so I'm a bit rusty. Boy, I missed doodling on my digits. I used 12 polishes on my thumbnail alone! BMO's one of my favorite characters to paint from Adventure Time. (I've done a lot of manicures based on this show in the past, like this one, since I'm a big fan! That's the only other Adventure Time manicure I have pictures of, though. I wasn't particularly fond of taking pictures before blogging.) The title will make more sense after the jump!


I started with three coats of Etude House Blue Mint. It's the turquoise blue creme from the Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nails collection. The formula and the dry time were both good. It has a very intense smell though, stronger than most of my other polishes. And it did stain my nails a bit, even with a layer of base coat.


After letting the base color dry, I used The Face Shop BK901, a black creme, to draw all the outlines. I used a paintbrush for everything except for the tiny blue buttons. I used a toothpick for those. Here is the list of the rest polishes I used for this manicure:

The Face Shop YL702 - yellow creme for the cross-shaped buttons
The Face Shop PP402 - pink creme for the large round buttons
China Glaze Gaga for Green - muted green creme for the medium round buttons
Pupa N247 - blue creme for the small round buttons
The Face Shop GR501 - Tiffany blue creme for the triangular buttons
Revlon Fashionista - dark blue-green creme for the long rectangular buttons
Revlon Colorstay Indigo Night - indigo creme for the... I couldn't think of the name of the shape of these buttons at first. They're not exactly oval. I considered just putting "mitochondria-shaped buttons" but that sounds weird. Mini hotdogs? Still weird. "Rounded rectangular buttons" sounds boring and meh but it was my only other option. Indigo creme for the rounded rectangular buttons. I did a quick Google search and "squircle" came up but the ones on my nails aren't really wide enough to be squircles. Oh well, I'm fine with the previous one. It's a funny word, though. Squircle. Hehe. Anyway.
Orly Gumdrop - mint creme for BMO's face
Revlon Posh - green creme for the inside of BMO's mouth
The Face Shop WH002 - white creme for BMO's teeth


I finished it off with a coat of Seche Vite. When I was viewing this manicure from an arm's distance, it crossed my mind that this would make a nice matte glitter topper. Does cross-shaped glitter even exist, though? It would be awesome if someone made this happen! What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...